FAMES SCHOLARSHIP INSTRUCTIONS
FAMES Hawaii has been committed to the core principles of Mentoring, Educating, Motivating and Leadership
Development for entrepreneurs, business owners and the community since its inception! FAMES Hawaii truly
believes in empowering current and future entrepreneurs and leaders to achieve business and economic success
while learning to contribute back to the community.
- A minimum of $1,000 scholarship will be made available to each Scholarship awardee
- Scholarship recipients will receive a 1 – year membership with FAMES Hawaii
- Complimentary admission to FAMES Hawaii Business Events
- Applicant must be a High School Senior (graduating in 2023)
- Or Applicants must be a 1st or 2nd year college and/or Trade School student with proof of enrollment
- Applicants must have completed at least 20 hours of community service
- Applicants must be a resident of Hawaii and a US citizen or Legal U.S. Resident
- The FAMES Hawaii Scholarship awarded regardless of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, or sexual orientation. FAMES Hawaii will not award scholarship to applicants who are not qualified and reserves the right not to award a scholarship in any given year
- Demonstrated or expressed interest to Business Administration preferred
- Student essay
- One letter of recommendation
- Academic standing (minimum required cumulative GPA of 3.5 and above)
TRADE SCHOOL APPRENTICESHIP SELECTION CRITERIA:
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma, GED Equivalent or proof of a 10th grade education
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must successfully complete and pass the Pre-Apprentice evaluation
All scholarship recipients will be notified via call or email from a FAMES Hawaii representative and will be recognized and awarded as an OUTSTANDING individual on stage at our Gala at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, Coral Ballroom on Saturday, Nov. 12, 2022, from 6-11PM.
To be considered for the FAMES Hawaii Scholarship Award, applicants must complete an application and return it to FAMES Hawaii by October 15, 2022
The application submission must include:
- A completed application form. Only completed application forms will be considered.
- An unofficial college transcript or letter from a school/university representative including GPA.
- A one-page essay on “How important and what impact volunteering brings both to your personal and professional world?” Font recommended – Times New Roman 12 point. The committee members will be especially interested in your notable qualities and examples of your demonstrated leadership ability.
- Submit a short biography with headshot photo.
All the above items must be submitted before the application will be considered.